MBC are looking for a Senior Digital Art Director to bolster their growing team. We’re looking for a creative all-rounder with at least 7 years' experience – a multi-talented, multi-skilled generalist who can conceptualise and come up with award-winning ideas, but who also has the hands-on skills to beautifully bring those ideas to life with craft and precision. We want someone who is as comfortable working in the digital space as they are in print, and their digital skill-set should include using Sketch and WordPress, with a good knowledge of UI & UX. You need to be strategic, you need to be client-facing, and you need to have the knowledge to be able to articulate a conceptual or digital proposal.
If you think you’ve got what it takes then we want to hear from you.
At MBC, we exist to ensure the creative well-being of our clients' marketing. That’s why we’re trusted by some of the biggest health & lifestyle brands.
We call this ‘Business Enhancing Creativity’ and we deliver it through insight driven strategic thinking, beautifully considered ideas, crafted design and impeccable execution – with the sole aim of delivering campaigns that work to enhance our clients’ bottom line.
We strategise. We conceptualise. We visualise. We monetise.
This short mantra sums up how we make ‘Business Enhancing Creativity’ happen.
To produce relevant, cost-effective and inspired creative solutions against specific briefs:
- This role will involve two key aspects: 1) The ability to produce high-quality advertising concepts, storyboards and design work (print and digital), and 2) To have a good understanding of web design and digital (as well as skills in appropriate software), to be able execute web based deliverables as well as advise clients and internal stakeholders accordingly on digital as a key component of our campaigns.
- You will be working on a broad number of accounts within the agency for some top healthcare and lifestyle brands and will need to become very familiar with their guidelines
- You will be required to constantly develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of our clients’ business, their brands, corporate image, market position, and their competition within the industry market place, enabling you to add value to work when solving clients’ problems
- Show an ability to understand the brief and market requirements, and develop outstanding concepts, design and digital solutions • You should also know how to design responsively for digital projects and have experience in UX and UI design
- Show ability to plan time effectively, in conjunction with senior team members, to meet deadlines given
- Show ability to produce work to a consistently high creative standard, technically accurate and in accordance with given specifications
- Produce work that is grammatically accurate and free from errors, and ensure all appropriate internal and external approvals are obtained at each stage of project, especially relating to proof-reading
- Keep abreast of current creative thinking, absorb and consider relevance of new ideas and techniques
- Show your ability to present concepts and explain clearly the creative thinking and production processes involved, to the satisfaction of senior team members
- Proven experience as a conceptual art director/designer with key skills and a strong interest in web and digital technologies
- Help to present MBC as a professional, digitally driven and highly creative company
- Support and assist all staff whenever possible
- Support the group spirit and live the brand values
- To constantly develop and add to your creative and digital skillsets improving your level of professionalism and application of the commercial aspects of design
- Always to represent the company in a positive and professional way
- You are responsible for ensuring that all work is correctly named, filed and archived per the company security procedures
- Attend relevant internal and client meetings as required
- Show an understanding of the importance of producing and filing of all necessary paperwork relating to projects
- Train and mentor other staff members as appropriate
Desirable Personal Qualities
- Creative flair and originality
- Strong conceptual ability grounded with a strong strategic sense
- Passion and enthusiasm for producing outstanding creative work
- A strong visual sense and typographic capability
- Strong attention to detail
- A strong desire to work hard and succeed
- Easy going and not too precious about the work
- Enthusiastic follower of graphic, digital, social and technological trends
- Excellent skills using Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent skills using web technologies, in particular, Sketch and WordPress
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Twixl would be advantageous
- Knowledge of After Effects would be advantageous
- Good team player
- Able to take direction well from senior members of team
- Ability to present ideas with confidence
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask when required
Our Brand Values
Could you live and breathe these values?
- We go above and beyond to ensure we always meet our clients’ expectations
- We care about each other and support one another to reach the highest standards
- We’re determined to make MBC successful and go the extra mile to do so
- We push our own boundaries and our clients’ to encourage innovation
- We challenge our clients and each other to get the best result from every brief
- We don’t just deliver what’s expected, we also consider the unexpected
- We’re true to ourselves and have confidence in our talent and abilities
- We’re honest and open in our interactions with our clients and with each other
- We have the best interests of colleagues and clients at heart
- We love what we do, and strive to create the best work, no matter how small or big the brief
- We’re mad about creative, keep an eye on current design trends and always try to be at the top of our game
- Our passion translates into proactivity, to enhance clients’ businesses and our own
Be part of our vision
We want to hear from you if:
- You’re dedicated to the cause of creative excellence
- You’re bold enough to challenge convention
- You’re genuine enough to put clients first, and
- You’re passionate enough to go above and beyond for the sake of your work
It’s people like this that make MBC.
Could you be one of them? If so contact:
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: Private healthcare and pension
Location: Datchet, Berkshire SL3 9EA